Loading...
AC252_WELLER'S_HOTEL_SUPPLY_AND_GIFT_SHOP_RECORDSTHE TYRRELL HISTORICAL LIBRARY AC -252 Weller's Hotel Supply and Gift Shop Records, 1914-1990 DESCRH'TION Wellet's Hotel Supply and Gift Shop was started by George Walker Weller and his wife Pansy Sawyer about 1901 near the comer of College and Pearl Streets in Beaumont. George Walker had been selling pots and pans on the street prior to opening his store. He was bom in 1883 in Russellville, Kentucky, but was a Beaumont resident for most of his life and was considered one of Beaumont's first entrepreneurs. The Weller's Hotel Supply and Gift Shop was located at a number of locations over its years of business including at 495 Fannin Street. The Weller's Hotel Supply and Gift Shop grew to offer a large inventory including glassware, dinnerware, silverware, china, hotel equipment and supplies, home furnishings, and domestic and imported gifts for wholesale and retail. George Weller managed the store with his sons F.R. and John Weller until his retirement in 1978. The store continued to ran after George WellePs retirement. This collection contains business record books for the Weller's Hotel Supply and Gift Shop including cash journals, charge books, ledger books, inventory ledgers, and memo books.