Loading...
AC230_EASTERN_TEXAS_ELECTRIC_COMPANY_COLLECTIONTHE TYRRELL HISTORICAL LIBRARY AC -230 Eastern Texas Electric Company Collection, 1924-1925,1929 DESCRIPTION In 1911, Stone and Webster, a New England engineering -consulting firm, formed a holding company called Eastern Texas Electric (of Maine) which they used to acquire a number of power and transportation companies over the following years including the Beaumont Electric Light and Power Company, the Pon Arthur lee and Refrigerating Company, the Beaumont Traction company, and the Jefferson County Traction Company. Eastern Texas Electric (of Maine) dissolved in 1923 and was reorganized as the Eastern Texas Electric Company (of Delaware) in 1924. In 1925 Gulf States Utilities was organized as a subsidiary of the Eastern Texas Electric Company. This collection consists of five books created by the Eastern Texas Electric Company in 19241925 and 1929 chronicling their activities. Information in these books include company histories, data on the growth of electricity and telephone service in the Beaumont and Port Arthur areas, financial information, maps, photographs, and surveys of businesses.