Loading...
AC129_MAGNOLIA_PETROLEUM_COMPANY_REFINERY_COLLECTIONTHE TYRRELL HISTORICAL LIBRARY AC -129 Magnolia Petroleum Company Refinery Collection, 1913-1981 DESCRIPTION On April 24, 1911, the Magnolia Petroleum Company was formed from the consolidation of a number of existing petroleum companies by John Scaly and the John Scaly Company of Galveston. In 1925 it became affiliated with the Standard Oil Company of New York which merged with the Vacuum Oil Company in 1931 to become Socony-Vacuum Oil Company. In the 1950s the Magnolia Petroleum Company merged with Socony Mobil Oil and became Mobil Oil Company. This collection consists of items related to the Magnolia Petroluem Company's refinery in Beaumont, Texas, including information on the Oil, Chemical and Atomic Workers International (OCAW) Union and the Oil Workers International (OWI) Union. This collection includes agreements between Magnolia and the unions, chronolgies of the company, constitution and bylaws of the unions, directories, newsletters, photographs, plant senority lists, promotional charts, reports, and tour guides. There is also a typed manuscript of the history of the OCAW Union called The Beginning—Mobil Oil Refinery and the OCAW Union as of May 1, 1981."