Loading...
AC080_STARLIGHT_BAPTIST_CHURCH_PROGRAMSDescriptive Sheet The Starlight Baptist AC -080 Church Programs General Type: Papers Physical Description: 1 linear ft. Inclusive Dates: 1958-1983 Donor: Dora Nisby DESCRIPTION The Starlight Baptist Church was organized in September, 1928, when a group of sixty-two citizens met at Charlton - Pollard High School and saw a need to build a place of worship located at Port and Buford Streets. In 1942 the old structure and a new two-story frame was erected at 1090 Buford Street. In 1952, additional church property was acquired, and in April, 1958, Starlight dedicated its renovated brick -veneer sanctuary. The church added an educational unit in 1965 and in 1983, the church dedicated a new sanctuary as the last phase of its building program. Today the Starlight Baptist Church represents a vital part of the community and religious growth within our city. This collection consists of seven (7) program books that relate to the growth of the Starlight Baptist Church. No restrictions apply.