Loading...
AC047_BEAUMONT_ALTRUSA_INTERNATIONAL_CLUB_RECORDSDescriptive Sheet The Beaumont Altrusa AC -097 [International] Club Inventory Records Available General Type: Records Physical Description: 6 cubic ft., 19 volumes Inclusive Dates: 1930-1989 Donor: Unknown DESCRIPTION A qroup of women established the Altrusa Club on April 11, 1917 in Nashville, Tennessee, as the first women's classified service club. The founders designed the orqanization as a "main channel throuqh which women leaders in business and the professions can work toqether as an effective service force to help solve community and world problems and promote understandinq amonq all people." Only one representative of a specific business or profession could join the orqanization. The international orqanization operates throuqh several committees to administer the club's Founders Fund Vocational Aid and the Grants in Aid proqram. In its lonq years of service to the community, the Beaumont Altrusa Club has been involved in numerous philanthropic activities. This collection is arranqed in the followinq series: correspondence; reqular meetings and board of directors minutes; orqanizational records; president's reports; yearbooks; Nineteenth District material; scrapbooks; The Picayune; other publications; the International Altrusan; photographs; ephemera. The researcher will find the club minutes comprehensive and enliqhteninq, providinq information on club activities and financial conditions. The International Altrusan is the official publication of the National Association of Altrusa Clubs of the United States. The collection also contains several scrapbooks that recount annual club activities throuqh newspaper clippings, photographs and yearbooks. No restrictions apply.