Loading...
AC029_WOMENS_AUXILIARY_TO_THE_JEFFERSON_COUNTY_MEDICAL_SOCIETY_COLLECTIONDescriptive Sheet Women's Auxiliary to the Jefferson County Medical Society Collection General Type: Papers AC -029 Inventory Available Physical Description: Scrapbooks, 15 volumes, 1 folder Inclusive Dates: 1997-1976 Donor: unknown DESCRIPTION The Women's Auxiliary to the Jefferson County Medical Society formed in 1929 with Mrs. J.M. Gober as president. By 1953, the Auxiliary sought to extend the aims of the medical profession, to assist in entertainment at state, district, and county meetings, and promote acquaintances among physicians' families. Membership comprised the wives of medical doctors, but today the membership is inclusive of all spouses. Fifteen scrapbooks and one folder of ephemera comprise the material in this collection. Overall, newspaper clippings of Auxiliary programs and guest speakers form the bulk of the collection and provide the researcher with a thorough understanding of Auxiliary activities. Yearbooks offer information on membership, yearly programs, and Auxiliary by-laws. The researcher will find photographs of Auxiliary officers and activities interspersed throughout the collection. No restrictions apply,